Wednesday 3 April 2013

What to tell your inner child

Recently I seem to be reading more and more articles about wisdom people wish they had as a child, teenager or younger adult.
I get it, I do. But I also think 'I'm not dead yet' and 'it is never too late to learn'. With this is mind, here are some lessons I would like my 'inner child' to learn.


Do yourself a favour, learn this now.


  • You can ALWAYS choose your response.
  • Kindness starts with you.
  • Don't think to avoid acting, don't act to avoid thinking.
  • If it is important, be consistent.
  • Be a friend.
  • Don't empower your inner critic.
  • Know what you are good at.
  • Do what you are good at, so long as you love it.
  • Don't be put off by 'the hard yards'.
  • Foster your optimism.
  • Be gentle with other people, everyone has their own 'stuff'.

There is so much to know and so much wisdom in the world, but you have to start somewhere. Just as soon as my inner child has a handle on these points, she can do up some flash cards for me.

Starting now, what wisdom would you like to have on board?



No comments:

Post a Comment