Thursday 11 April 2013

The side of the Mountain

Food for thought;


'To live only for some future goal is shallow. 
It's the sides of the mountain that sustains life, not the top'

                                                         - Robert M Pirsig

Admittedly this is quite an insight for the time of night I am writing this post, but it does resonate.
It is so deceptively easy to focus your eyes on the goal and miss the scenery on the way. Even more worrying, is that sometimes our eyes are on a goal that has past its used by date, or no longer relevant in our lives. What then?

So what is on the side of the mountain? 

I am pretty far from being a Zen master, or any type of guru at all (though obviously my family and friends would argue that point...NOT!), however I do think I need to have a crack at answering that question. 

Though another thought, this one courtesy of Buddha,  makes me think it does not matter so much what is on 'our Mountains', so long as we are 'awake' to experience it.
Speaking of which, all this deep thinking has made me sleepy......night night.


To increase the 'Zen' in your life, check out Zentips for more great quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment